Most of us have many different color lipsticks in our beauty bag. The truth is, we only prefer wearing some of them, but still, we purchase all kinds of tones and shades because, who knows, the right occasion might appear and you need that exact color!
Despite the lipsticks that get never touched, there are also some of them that we prefer to wear all the time, every single day with almost every outfit. The reason why we feel the need to buy many lipsticks in all kind of shades, and sometimes, even a shade that can never work on us in the right way, is because we see them applied on someone else’s face! Most of the times reflected on some perfect-looking celebrities lips and faces. We forget the Photoshop applied on those pictures, the extremely professional makeup and also, their skin tone.
But don’t worry; there are some tricks you can learn to better determine your lipstick choice. You don’t have to find yourself disappointed again about your poor lipstick purchase. After learning the right elements you need to calculate when analyzing the right lipstick tone, you will be an expert adjusting them according to your skin completion, occasion, outfit and time of the day.
Learn the right color for your skin tone
To know if a lipstick with look good on you, first check your skin tone. You should know whether you have a fair skin, olive or dark skin. Then, you need to determine your undertone. Every tone has its own warm tone and cool tone.
If you have a fair skin, then you should once and for all convince yourself that really dark shades do not really complement your skin. Medium and light shades with definitely make you look amazing! So, stick to them. Shades of brown and deep cherry should not be included in your beauty bag. Corals and light shades of red and pink are the first ones you need to pick.
If your skin belongs to olive skin tones, then, you need to focus on neutral colors. Nude, pink, bold red shades are definitely going to look amazing on you! Avoid lipstick with orange shades.
If you have a dark skin tone, then, deep plums and berries will look AMAZING on you! Reds do also look pretty cool and will make you look brighter with a sweet look. You definitely need to avoid anything that is too light, for example, nude colors and also too-bright ones! Try using darker, deeper tones so you can make your features appear more soft and feminine.
How to better use your lipstick effects
All lipsticks come with different textures and effects. Some are creamy, others are matte or glossy. Some of them are even sparkly. So, to better understand the usage of each one of these effects, we’ve brought some essential tips for you to follow:
- If your lips are thin, then, to give them a fuller effect, you need to add on you a creamy or glossy lipstick.
- On the other hand, if your lips are already big, the ones to be avoided are the glossy and sparkly ones. Even when choosing a creamy lipstick, try to buy one with not too much shine effect on it.
- If your dressing style is a sophisticated, then, matte lipsticks are the one you should wear.
- If you’re more into girly outfits, with floral textures, with pink and soft colors, then, a glossy or sparkly lipstick will definitely look on point.
- When wanting to achieve a more natural effect on your lips, try to add a creamy lipstick within the middle of your lips and open it with your fingerprints.
Final tips to remember:
- Try to never wear a lipstick that has the same color with your outfit! Especially that matches your top. It can never create a beautiful and sophisticated look, and will definitely fade the style and appearance of both, your lips and outfit.
- When purchasing a lipstick, after finding the right tone and undertone you have, there is an important trick you need to learn. You should never try the lipstick on the outer part of your hand. The color of the skin located there doesn’t have the same color of your lips. So, you can never learn if that lipstick matches your skin tone or not. You need to try it on your fingerprints. Yes, you read it well. Fingerprints have almost the same color of your lips, so, applying it there will definitely help you determine the right color.