With passing years, more and more imperfections take place and our skin appear older, duller, less elastic and not as vital as it used to be… It’s called life! No woman has ever made it possible to keep a young and beautiful skin during all her life. We cannot stop the process of getting old, but we can certainly do is to make our aging look better.
And we are talking about the real deal, not some overrated esthetic surgeries, fillings, and Botox. The best way to achieve a beautiful aging process is by naturally doing it. With some basic knowledge and investments on good, worthy skincare products, results are pretty much guaranteed.
One thing to keep in mind is changing the skincare regimen. As we grow, our skin concerns priorities and weaknesses change. We can’t continue using the same skincare products we have been using decades ago. What might have worked in your 30s will definitely won’t work in your 40s in the same way it used to. For this reason, we have listed some of the main skin concerns for every group of age so you can better know where to focus when purchasing new skincare products.
If you’re in your 20s
The time you should start developing some good skincare habits, is in your 20s. The most common mistake women in this age group do, is underestimating the real benefits of SPF and using some essential skin care products. It’s true that every skin in its 20s appears to be youthful, elastic without any firm lines and well-hydrated. That doesn’t absolutely mean it needs no protection and care. Did you know that wrinkles start to appear in the mid-20s? And that mostly comes due to the lack of Sun protection. One of the biggest issues women in their 20s have to battle with is skin breakouts. Dermatologists recommend keeping in mind two things:
- Sunscreen is a must
- Do not underestimate the power of a good, water-based ,oil-free cream or gel which contains silicic acid in order to fight or prevent skin’s breakouts
If you’re in your 30s
Uneven skin tone and first fine lines start to appear. During 30s, every woman naturally experiences some obvious skin changes which should lead everyone to some other skin care products and a different skincare regimen. You should know you skin is no longer that much elastic and hydrated. Collagen and other skin fibers start breaking and losing their power. First wrinkles start to mostly appear around the eye area. Due to the slower cell turnover, everyone in her 30s should start regularly to exfoliate. That’s also because in your 30s,the skin losses the ability to naturally do it, opposed to a skin in its 20s which has the power to exfoliate of itself. Your face basics:
- A good serum and moisturizer
- Sunscreen with a SPF over 20
- A nighttime treatment focused on a good night cream and acne or breakouts treatment product
If you’re in your 40s
During this decade, skin naturally loses its texture. Another huge concern women in their 40s experience, are black spots which make the skin appear uneven and dull. Wrinkles and fine lines become deeper and more obvious. Many skin problems that happen in their 40s are not only because of the age, but because of hormone related concerns which everyone experiences. Just like in your 30s, some must have skincare products should remain the same:
- A good milky cleanser to use during morning time and nighttime
- A god serum and also a moisturizer to repair the skin with powerful antioxidants
- And not to forget a proper nighttime regimen involving a hydrating cream, nourishing mask and a lot of hydration
Is very important to understand that in your 50s, your skin cannot be young and beautiful as it used to…The important thing to remember is, to feel happy and take care of your skin starting from the basics. Instant results and miracles cannot happen. But you can definitely archive to have a well hydrated and healthy skin. In fact we all can be very happy with our lifestyle choices in our 20s, 30s and 40s. 50s are the years where every woman gets her benefits. What experts recommend most? MOUSTURIZER!! It is a must and it should be a powerful one. During these years, do not hesitate to apply your best moisturizer every time you may feel your skin needs to. Face basics:
- A good, powerful cleanser to protect your skin cells and barrier and also, a good thing to do is purchasing a cleanser which works best on a sensitive skin too.
- The serum is also a must. It contains antioxidants which play a very important role in skin cell damage.
- Sunscreen with an SPF at least 30.
- A good moisturizer for every time usage! Ideally should contain green tea, vitamin C, and E.